Saturday, June 26, 2010

When we were continents apart

I let the thought sink in me during training today, letting it burn slowly like a smothering flame, fueled by memories of that portion of our conversation.

You were just sitting a foot away from me but in many ways, we were continents apart. Emotionally distant to the core, I felt the icy reception and your efforts to keep me out. I tried to enter but you wouldn't let me. What were you trying to prove to me?

I asked those questions, and said what I said because I care. I cared enough to want to understand you better and put some thought into what you said because what you say meant something to me.

But you simply didn't care and dismissed me. And it hurt.

Sometimes, I question why I should even bother. I could just simply walk away, blame myself for doing all those things that I did, and well, just walk our separate routes. But a true friend does not walk away, nor quits on the first whim of trouble. I may not be the best of your friends, but I try to be true. Unfortunately, it may not be enough for you.

I felt the Lord prompt me today: Live your life not on emotions, but on Me and My Word. My faith drives me forward and gives me the justification to do what I do.

I do not seek to change the way that you think, but I only hope to find some common ground and bridge that gap between us. It will certainly help if you can let me past that cold-hard exterior of yours. Foolish it may seem, I still believe that the strongest sunlight can melt the hardest ice-berg.

Meanwhile, I'm happy that you're happy and that is enough for me.

No comments: